Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can you create a domain with upper case name?

Realized that you can not create domain with upper case, and if you do then you have login in BPELConsole in very weird way. I saw the meta-link and this issue been around for more than a year. I looked into exploded version of BPELConsole, it took me couple of min to fix it, and here is my hack:

Either you can get modified JSP files from here and dump it to %soasuite%/j2ee/oc4j_soa/applications/orabpel/console, or follow the steps described here:

1. %soasuite%/j2ee/oc4j_soa/applications/orabpel/console/index.jsp

Search for lines, with IBPELDomainHandle ch = l.lookupDomain(), and comment it out 2 lines. It is about line number 15 or 16.

Now if you login to BPEL console, you can see the Domain Picker jsp file and I thought it will just work fine, but I had to modify domainPicker jsp file as well to get thing done.

2. %soasuite%j2ee/oc4j_soa/applications/orabpel/console/domainPicker.jsp

a) Search for string called “alreadyAuthed.add( aDomainId )”, it will be about line number 39, and add following line of code

b) Need to change Java Script at the end of page:

c) Finally Change the submit button, and that’s all.

No need to bounce the server to see the magic! It feels like hacking is my business and consulting is byproduct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an example of this working? I need to do something similar with Apache, but can't get it working yet. If I can see it working then that will give me new hope, as I have given up!