I was used to configure WebDav on Oracle Database for Oracle Business Rules, it was pretty hard to configure and very unstable. Recently found out that I can configure WebDav on Oracle Apache.
Usually to install WebDav on vanilla Apache server, we need to install couple of dll file and load those module during Apache startup, but for Oracle Apache all configuration are done out-of-the-box, only thing we need to specify is location and type of repository.
To enable default WebDav repository:
Once you specify on, http://host:port/dav_public (which located under %soasuite%/Apache/Apache/htdocs/dav_public is ready for use as webdav repository.
To create new WebDav repository:
1) Add following entry in %soasuite%/Apache/oradav/conf/moddav.conf file
2) Create directory called %soasuite%/Apache/Apache/htdocs/my_webdav
3) Restart the Apache server and that's all required for configuring custom repository.
To create password for WebDav repository:
1) Create authentication file with different user, I created
%soasuite%/Apache/Apache/bin/htdigest -c %soasuite%/Apache/oradav/conf/webdav.access webdav-authentication oc4jadmin
%soasuite%/Apache/Apache/bin/htdigest %soasuite%/Apache/oradav/conf/webdav.access webdav-authentication ruleauthor
2) Change %soasuite%/Apache/oradav/conf/moddav.conf to provide the authentication mode:
3) Restart the server and now my_webdav_repository will be accessible only after username and password authentication.