It was quite obvious that BRM- would be somewhere in the BRM adapter and that exception would be converted to Fault XML, but we wanted to find exact place where it would happen. Upon analyzing multiple files, we ended up with following findings.
- oracle.tip.adapter.brm.BRMInteraction had hard coded BRM- when it was throwing PCResourceException
- com.collaxa.cube.ws.WSIFInvocationHandler.WSIFInvocationHandler is getting this exception and converting this in to Fault XML message which is seen in the BPELConsole
- Each adapter entry point would be Interaction, and all adapter will implement that interface
- com.collaxa.cube.ws.WSIFInvocationHandler.WSIFInvocationHandler.invoke seems to be the master piece which calls all the adapters via WSIF - especially you can see invokeRequestHeaderHandlers and invokeLocalService calls here
- invokeLocalService converts adapter level exception (PCResourceException) to WSIFException
- invoke constructs SOAP fault XML message based on WSIFException